Now displaying: April, 2021
Apr 30, 2021
- Grimsmo quits (this is a good thing, we promise)!
- ERP Systems & Purchase Orders
- Raw Material Shortages
- Willemin (Mill-ish) coming to Grimsmo Knives from Ohio
- Haas VF-3 & Haas DT-2 for production at SMW!
- KERN & lights out production
- Diagnosing Tool Life Killers & Solutions (Chip Evacuation, Fusion 360 Adaptive with Ramp Taper Angle, tool coatings, through spindle coolant, flute count, magnetism, and more!)
- Higby Threads, CNC Lathe Love, Master Ring Gauges
- Dimension Drawings for QC at SMW
- Fusion 360 FINALLY allows threading with a grooving tool!
Apr 23, 2021
- How do business leaders spend their time inside their company?
- Saunders wants to hire a machinist or an operations manager.
- Saunders did an awesome tour with Area 419.
- DT1 Favorite machines.
- "Leadership is being present."
- Lathe facing passes and how to get the best finish.
- Saunders QC bin for diamond parts is getting better and better.
Apr 16, 2021
- Area 419 Tour will be premiered on YouTube Monday April 19th, 2021 at 1:30 PM EDT!
- Cashflow, Loans, and Post Covid Economic Impacts
- Grimsmo's purchased a used Willemin
- Neodymium Magnets
- Swiss Miss - Saunders Decides Against Swiss for Reversible Inserts
- CNC Lathe Probing & Tooling Options
- Business Mindset - The Shift from Preparer to Reviewer
Apr 9, 2021
- Saunders is settling in and working very hard on some updates to the shop this past year.
- Grimsmo dives into new coolant dispenser.
- Being a parent and teaching your kids cool stuff!
- Oil vs coolant.
- Grimsmo talks about ordering two new lathes!
- Cycle time speed increases across different machines.
Apr 2, 2021
- SMW and Grimsmo in limbo between the lone bootstrapper and leader of a team
- Plurality of Swisses. Saunders and Grimsmo discuss production volume, process reliability, and other decision making factors for buying new CNC lathes
- I'm Nak sure if I need a Willemin or Nak. Grimsmo and Saunders debate about whether or not the Nak should be let go in favor of a Willemin Mill Turn
- Sourcing centerless ground 17-4 Stainless
- Bar feeders & Automation
- Area 419 Tour of the new shop gets Saunders dreaming big. The tour is set to premiere on YouTube on Monday, April 19th!
- GK products like the SAGA, Norseman, and Rask increase in demand
- Superordinate Shop Goals - Giving the team a unified vision
- Renishaw Probe Replacements = Worth It!